Thursday, January 13, 2011

Not a Spring Chicken - for sure

Bless him. Billy got his first real taste of Army basic training this afternoon. His recruitors told him to come in every Thursday afternoon to do some pre-boot-camp exercise to prepare his mind and body for Army life. WHOA HOWDY! Without hanging Billy out to dry, I will say this - his recruitor was extremely supportive and understanding. He's going to let Billy come EVERY day until he's ready. LOL!!! He was a little mushy when I picked him up this afternoon - murmuring words like "100 jump-n-jacks, 80 push-ups, air-cycling." I do not envy him... I start back to school today. I'm taking the most classes ever - well since my Freshman year back in 1995. 18 hours. That's a lot. But I am determined to get this done. If Billy can go through boot camp at the age of 35 - I can certainly get my degree by May. Which reminds me... after looking at my school calendar I realized that my finals will start the week Billy ships out. Nothing like some academic stress to top off the emotions of having one's family ripped apart. Nah, that's me being a brat. I can handle it. I just hate he'll miss my graduation. Oh and yes, I will be playing some loud Johnny Cash on graduation day - I promise.

No comments: