Saturday, January 15, 2011

Date Night

Before I go into the details of my first date with Billy in several months.... let me just say this: As we drove to Murfreesboro yesterday afternoon, the area along the interstates and highways were still covered in several inches of snow. It was beautiful!! How amazing is it that landscape that is usually mundane and nothing special becomes spectacular. Old, ugly barns transformed into picture perfect scenes. Huge vast fields set up against the background of dark green trees looked like something the Happy Little Painter would have featured on his PBS show. Not to mention the way the sun was falling in the sky cast a slightly pink glow to some of the snow covered hills making me think of the kids' Candyland game. It is still on my mind this morning and I just wanted to share with you. So, yeah, we went on a date last night. It ended up being a fun little outing to Murfreesboro. The kids stayed at their grandmother's house and we just had a great time. The King's Speech - this movie was such a great film. I basically had to drag Billy into the theater. And to make matters worse, a group of gaggling geese came and say in front of us. Nice little church outing. BUT WHOA HOWDY! It's amazing what people say to each other when they don't think anyone else in listening. Trust me, Billy and I were not trying to listen. We had no choice. The woman in front of us would NOT SHUT UP! The lights go down, music gets loud.... she just gets louder. And the movie was very funny. But you would think somebody was down there sitting on her tickling her the way she carried on. She even laughed at some serious moments. I guess she thought they were joking. However, nobody else seemed to get the joke. Billy and I got about as much of a kick out of her as we did the movie. Speaking of, the movie was hilarious. It was touching. It was emotional. It was wonderful. I recommend it to everyone!! Even Billy forgave me for making him go. He enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments: