Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How Appropriate

The more I think about it, the more I like the name of this blog. And they're off like a herd of turtles. The Blackburns never seem to do anything in a hurry. I mean heck, Billy is joining the Army at the age of 35 and I'm just now about to finish my degree after 16 years. I tell my kids to go do something and they reply, "In a minute." See?!? Never in a hurry. One exception to the turtle reference would be my writing technique. Remember me talking about writing a 1200 word paper in 2 hours? Well, guess who loved it? That's right, folks! My professor's comments were something like, "uncommonly good for a first paper in this class." I rock. I can't help but brag. It's just that I was really sweatin' that one. Not bad starting out with a 100 - at least in one class. Can't really say the same for the other five...yet. Billy got the weirdest phone call today. It was someone scheduling his security interview. This took us by surprise considering we didn't know he was supposed to have one. Anyway, he's going to do that tomorrow. I think it is basically just someone who asks a bunch of questions to make sure you aren't lying or whacked out on drugs. Even though he's been interviewed multiple times by multiple counselors and taken multiple drug tests. Just another turtle reference. Everything takes about twice as long as you would think in the military. At least that is my first opinion. We might become the Herd of Jaguars after it's all said and done. So, I lose William about 30 times a day. I just don't know where he is. Well, I don't really LOSE him. I just don't see him. So I holler out his name a few times to get a check on him. You know, just making sure he's not outside or playing in the toilet. (Which he was today... thanks to the tiny boat he found and apparently thought that meant he needed a tiny ocean) ANYWAY, I think my paranoia stems from the potty training phase. He'd just go hide to poop. And if I didn't see him or he ran off, I'd immediately start tracking him. So, today I hadn't seen him in a few minutes and did my holler. No reply. I hollered a little louder. Still no reply. This is never a good thing. Guess where I found him? In my room with the PlayStation controller - playing Tomb Raider. Playing it! He had Laura Croft running all over the place, shootin up everything in sight. He said, "Look mom. I shoot!" WOW! It was so cute, I just sat down and watched him play. He's got some talent - that boy.

No comments: