Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I knew we weren't alone

So, I've been reading this blog. It's a daily account of a man 36 years old who just joined the Army. He wrote letters to his wife and had her put them online. Completely entertaining. Incredibly funny. Very informative. I told Billy to read it. Of course, he's trying so hard to read as much as he can about what's going to be happening. But to have a real first hand account like this is too cool. I love all the nicknames the guys come up for each other. And I really love all the quotes he has from the Drill Sargents. Really funny. None are appropriate to list here on a family blog... but check it out if you can. http://www.mcguires5.com/army/Welcome.html His wife even has her own blog. I only read a couple of hers. But the one I read made my heart skip to a halt. Her husband's first orders were to go to Korea - alone. For a year. What if that happens to us? I just think that would suck. All this time I've been mentally preparing myself to move to some fabulous place here in the states. A nice little family adventure. HA! Man, I'm naive. I just can't obsess about that crap. On the bright side, I now have that possibility filed away in my brain so that when the time comes, if we get some crazy orders like that... I won't be totally knocked on the floor. Speaking of, Billy went for his third workout with the recruiters. He's already getting better. I'm already seeing his confidence shining through his nerves. I think what I love most is his dedication to this. He's taking it seriously. He's researching and reading everything that he can find. He even woke me up at some crazy hour this morning to ask if he could order a book online to help him prepare for BCT (basic combat training). I just love it. I also love that he isn't drinking a gallon of milk a day. That was getting really old buying so much milk all the time. If we were running low... the world had to stop spinning until we were stocked back up again. Now, he just grabs a bottle of water. Love that!! I was just telling him today I was kind of jealous that he's going to be all fit and healthy and I'll still be all gross and post-baby. I really want to start some sort of routine. Just another thing to fill in my time. Like I don't already have enough on my plate. But it's not all about me, is it? :) OK... so William is ADORABLE!!!! Seriously adorable. He is talking all the time. Making conversation with a newbie conversationalist is tremendous fun. I get a lot of, "why not?" and "what is that?" and "how bout a poptart is OK?" LOL! That kid could eat his body weight in poptarts. Oh but see the poptarts we buy are actually nutra-grain bars. We call them poptarts because he wanted the real poptarts and they are just junk food. But he wanted to be like his daddy and eat poptarts. So... we made them into his own poptarts. Kinda like how he calls every soft drink - sprite. He saw a Dr. Pepper and asked if he could have some of Daddy's Sprite. LOL!!! Anyway, tomorrow is a big day. Emma may get to ride a horse for the very first time at her 4H meeting. It's going to be exciting. I plan on bringing my dumb camera and making a nice little video. We'll see how it all works out.

No comments: