Sunday, January 30, 2011

Falling into place

It's been a crazy weekend. So, rather than give you a detailed description on the goings-on... I'll just post a list:
  • Saturday, we went to Allison's game - the opposing team only had 4 kids, so they forfeited and played just for the fun. (but we still won)
  • After the game, we got a call from the Landlord that he was wanting to show the house to some potential buyers... CRAP! It's one thing to clean... yet a whole other thing to clean for complete strangers.
  • Rather than clean, we decided to go outside and play basketball as a family. LOVED IT!! Emma cheered. And later William stole her pom poms and came up to Billy cheering, "Do something else! Do something else!!" HAHA!!!!
  • Woke up and cleaned like crazy. Thought we'd be done in time for church and then just didn't make it.
  • I took Allison to a birthday party at a gymnastics studio. Such fun! Now she wants to do gymnastics after basketball season is done. Such clever people - those gymnastic studio owners. (I wonder if that's how the Army could get more recruits... get a bunch of guys together for a "party" at the obstacle course at Fort Jackson.... HA.... nah)
  • And then tonight we went to a revival at church. The man was hilarious. I intend to go back tomorrow and Tuesday. But boy, he was talking 1000 words a minute. And then the only time he slowed down was to holler.
  • Now, I'm about to sit down and make my list of assignments due. I'm getting a couple of my classes confused. One is Intercultural Communication and other is Mass Media and Culture. It is like I'm taking the same class but with different texts. Too bad I can't recycle essays.

So, there you go. busy busy blackburns.

Oh and one more thing!!! I love to watch Masterpiece Theater. LOVE IT! I've been hooked on a series on there called Downton Abbey. (Billy watched it with me and kept calling it Downtown Abigail - like it was some show on HBO or something) Tonight was the finale and towards the end I was thinking, "There is NO way they are going to tie up all the lose ends in ten minutes." Of course they wouldn't. They are just going to make a season two that probably won't come out until Jan 2012. Hopping mad was as close to exercise as I'm got for the day.

Army Tidbit of the day:

Whenever you are thinking about joining the Army - every single Army movie or show about military or song about fighting freedom comes on the TV or radio. It is a fact. Kinda like when you are pregnant and everything you see or hear is about babies. Hmmm.....?

No comments: