Wednesday, July 13, 2011

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Having a hard time getting back to a routine around here. After our trip, all I've wanted to do is sleep. I wake up. Make some breakfast, wash the dishes, put in a load of laundry. And then I have to sleep again. I'll sit here and try to watch TV or a movie and fall asleep in the middle of it. I think I am just totally exhausted from the last couple of weeks and it finally hit me.
But today we managed to make it to the pool. And we could only stay for an hour because it was too friggin hot. The water was like a bath. I think if we go back, it'll be to swim in the evening or late afternoon. That was just too hot.
And Billy's called every night. We really only get to talk for a few minutes, but it is enough to find out what is going on with him. Kinda.
Monday night he told me that 90% of the people in his class would be stationed at Fort Eustis when they are done with school. But then Tuesday night, that changed to who the heck knows. And then tonight he told me that people were talking about going to Korea.
Monday night he told that he would have to pass a PT test Tuesday. Tuesday night he told me he passed the running but nothing else but that it was OK because this was just a "let's see where you are test." Then tonight he told me that he got counseled by his Sgt and was told if he didn't pass the next PT test, which will be Tuesday, then she is going to start his chapter papers (kicking you out papers)
Monday night he told me that most of the training was going to be hands-on and that they would be spending almost all their time on board a cargo ship and in the shipyards. Tuesday he told me that he did nothing but class work. And then tonight, he told me that they found out that a lot of the hands-on would be on a similator ship and that not everything will be based on the ship.
Before he got there, he read that you could have your cell phones every night between the hours of 5 and 9. Monday, that changed to a few minutes before lights out. Tuesday he sends me text messages at odd hours throughout the day. And then today, he called for a few minutes. Hung up and said he would text me after formation.
Monday night he told me that he would graduate on September 1st. Tonight... not so much. Not even sure when graduation will be.
Before he left, we talked about maybe me going to see him one weekend when he gets a pass. Tonight, he said it didn't sound like they were going to get weekend passes.
So... I don't think I know what to believe. Nobody seems to have a straight answer. But whatever.

Anyway, I'm going to have to get back in a routine of staying busy. I think the past few days were needed to catch up on some sleep. But before my children decide to institutionalize me, I gotta make an effort to stay awake.

No comments: