Tuesday, July 19, 2011

iTunes, weight loss, and getting ready for future things

The weirdest thing happened today. But you know I was trying to download the Harry Potter CD. Well, it went nutso or something. This was two days ago. I've been waiting on iTunes to reply to my email to explain how to find my missing tracks. Well, I never got an email. But on our way to the Y this morning, I tried to open up the iPod app on my phone and it said "Contents Empty" UM? WHAT?? I had about 700 songs in there yesterday. And now not only do I not have the Harry Potter CD, but now my whole music library is gone! I just kinda gave up wondering at this point and decided my stress factor was too high to add this to it. Anyway, I get to to the Y and I try again to open my iPod app. Well, now there sits the Harry Potter CD and says it is ready to download. BLECH! So, I try to download it, but the WiFi at the Y is kinda spotty and it was taking forever. So, I only got about half of the tracks (after being there for three hours) and just threw up my hands again. OK... so I get home and plug my phone in. Not only are all the Harry Potter tracks in the iPod, but my entire contents are back and even some duplicates of the HP tracks. I think Apple hates me. Whatever... I'm back to happy for now.
And speaking of happy and going to the Y... I'm back on my weight loss kick. Since I left to go to the Carolinas I've lost another 4 pounds which puts me at 30 pounds lighter than last year. According to the BMI, I should be at 110. So I still have a ways to go. But this certainly is a happy day. So it is now my absolute goal to lose another 15 - 20 pounds before the end of the year. I don't know if it is possible... but I'm going to do all I can. Today and yesterday I did a one hour work out. I just gotta keep it up. I think when the girls start school, I'll be able to focus on it a little more.
And speaking of school... I can NOT believe they only have a week and a half before they start up again. I hate to see them off to school only to uproot them in a few weeks. If there was a way that I could just keep them out... oh well. But we should be finding out our new assignment soon. Billy's Sgt told them that she was going to know where everyone is stationed next week but isn't going to tell them. She said that some people get upset about their assignment and try to fail out on purpose. So, I'm thinking, she could just call me and tell me. LOL! But he's heard again, that most of the people in his class will be staying there at Fort Eustis. So, in a small way, I'm preparing myself for that. I already looked at some houses for rent in the area. Boy howdy! The Virginians think alot about their properties. 2bdrms for $1100. Crap!!!  And I'm mentally preparing all this and we'll get Korea or something horrible. So, I'm trying not to fixate too much on it. I just want to be back home with my husband. I don't care where that home is.

No comments: