Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hometown Recruiting

I managed to do yet another clean sweep of the house today. This time, I hit the girls' rooms and the storage closet. Lord help me. I may not be able to walk tomorrow. I can barely walk right now. So, yeah my dining room is full of junk again. Only this time, I don't have Billy to help me haul it off.
So it looks like October will be more like September as far as reporting goes. Or at least that is what I think Billy was trying to tell me tonight. Basically, if his report date is Oct 9th, then he'll be using up his entire leave for the year plus some. So, his Sgt told them today that they are going to have to do something called Hometown Recruiting. This is where you come back home and go in the recruiting station for a few hours every day and try to get people to sign up. This is a 14 day dealio. So, he'll be home for two weeks, and that won't count against his leave. But then he said that doing that is going to change his report date to Bragg. I'm guessing he meant move it up. So, I'm back to having no clue what to expect. And that's OK. I'll just work with the stuff I know and be prepared to move at a moment's notice.
Sigh... I always heard the military life was 'hurry up and wait' but I think the more appropriate statement shoud be 'wait and wonder and wait some more and then rush around like crazy to get where you gotta be.' Maybe that is just the military spouse phrase.  

No comments: