Saturday, June 11, 2011

Time to chill

Well, still no mail today. I've gotten increasingly more insane over the past couple hours. The more I wonder about what is going on in Fort Jackson, the more I look at web pages like Facebook to try and get some sort of information - and the more I find, the more I realize that all kinds of other people are getting mail or phone calls or pictures - and then my blood pressure starts rising higher and higher. It's enough to make someone CRAZY! So, I try and vent to some of the other army wives. And they understand - but when they start saying stuff like 'Oh I know how you feel. But my husband sent me over 30 letters and called me every Sunday while he was in basic' she might as well have said "my husband is better than yours so nanananaabooobooo!" UGH! That isn't helping. So, I was literally sitting here typing out my letter to Billy (all in capital letters and with lots of choice words - basically stuff like WHY THE $^$% HAVE YOU NOT WRITTEN TO ME IN THREE WEEKS???) when I get a phone call. Not from Billy. But from Billy's best friend. Jon's been in the Army for 10 plus years and was a Marine before that. So, he basically had to do the slap me across the face over the phone. He reassured me that Billy is fine. He had talked to Billy's command last week and that they said he was doing well and everything was still a go for July 7th's gradation. He said they've been in the field a lot over the past three weeks and probably just have no time to write. And the whole "no news is good news" thing really applies to what he's doing right now. So, I've got to chill. My emotions are in overdrive. I cry and then laugh at myself. I act like a total love sick teenager every time the phone rings (knocking over furniture and children to get to the phone) I plan my whole day around what time the mailman comes. I'm ridiculous. The kids think I've lost my last marble. We have three weeks until we leave to go see him. And these weeks are slammed packed with goodness. This week we are camping in Cincinnati with my sissy and her girls. Next week is Vacation Bible School and 4H Camp. The week after that is dentist appt  - wait.. that's not so fun. But anyway... we're not going to stop moving until I see his face on July 6th for Family Day. So until then, I've got to just breathe and float. My new motto... breathe and float. BREATHE AND FLOAT!!!!

Day 35 of 57 "Something you hope you never have to do"
Well, I can think of lots of things... but one that comes to mind right now is I hope I never have to help a cow give birth. I'm just saying.

3 comments:

HeatherandTanner said...

Still praying for you! And who the heck bragged about how much their husband's contact them when they were supposed to be supportive of you?? That would be why I didn't say any of that crap.

BBlackburn said...

I'll give you one guess. I honestly think she was trying to help... but she doesn't always say the most appropriate things.

HeatherandTanner said...

Hmmm... yeah