Tuesday, June 21, 2011

oh the joy!

So I got to talk to Billy tonight!!! YAY! I swear when it rains, it pours. He said he'd been given 4 chances to call prior to this, but every time he gets to the phone - he gets called away for some reason or another. He wasn't too happy about that. But this time he got to call because he passed his final PT test. WHOO HOO! He did his run in 16:40 - and with a shoe untied at that! I can't remember how many push-ups and sit-ups but one was 34 and the other was 38. So, that is passing and he is GOLDEN now!
He said they were supposed to have phased over to BLUE almost 2 weeks ago, but just this afternoon did it officially. So, even this phone call wasn't his official Blue phase phone call. He said he might get to call again Sunday.
But here are some of the things we talked about:
  • He has lost 30 pounds
  • He wants me to bring his phone car charger and earphones
  • He wants me to bring him a pair of jeans, but he doubts he'll be able to wear them. Oh and a couple pair of socks and t-shirts (they should get some down time while he's at AIT and will have a chance to wear real clothes)
  • I kinda lost it and cried like a looney when I was trying to tell him that I hated not getting to hear from him (why I can't keep my stupid mouth shut I don't know) but he said he hated it too and that he had about 18 pages of stuff he'd been writing for me. (squish!)
  • He said they started getting privileges of blue phase last week even though they hadn't officially been phased over. So I guess that meant more personal time, and more phone calls, but just not him.
  • We talked about what we can do after graduation. He said I had to sign him out and I had to be with him when he reports to AIT in Virginia the next day. We discussed maybe renting a car so that I can take him up there and stay with him for the weekend if they don't let him leave. Still not sure about that.
  • He kept getting distracted and talking to other people. Apparently he was letting people use his calling card since I bought him one with 500 minutes and he only used like 10 minutes of it. LOL!
  • Oh his debit card won't work in the ATM because he bent it. So, I either need to bring him some cash or a new debit card.
I think that is about it. I really hope he gets to call back Sunday. The kids haven't talked to him yet. We were in the middle of Vacation Bible School when he called his time. There was no way I could have rounded them up. But maybe they can talk to him on Sunday if he calls. Even if he can't, we only have 9 more days until we leave to go see him and then 14 more days until we see him!!! WHOO HOO!

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

That is so exciting! I am happy for you :)