Friday, June 10, 2011

More useless information

Ok... here are some more of my 57 Days of Postings

Day 34 of 57 - "A Favorite Song"
There are just too many. Seriously too many. But I do associate songs with people or places often times. I always seem to remember songs in combination with some life event or memorable moment. For example:

Anything by Dave Matthew's Band takes me straight to mid-90's at Starwood Amphitheater with Miranda. (good times...good times)

"Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi takes me back to late 80's at my mom's friend's house in the country of Sulphur Springs, KY

Anything by Phil Collins takes me to me and Billy's honeymoon in 1999.

"Ice Ice Baby" takes me back to middle school in Smyrna TN

"Friends" by Michael W. Smith takes me to Smyrna High School Band - our prayer groups before games in the music library.

"Cowboy Take Me Away" by Dixie Chicks takes me back to painting my aunt Trisha's house - dont' ask me why

Anything Beatles or Elvis makes me think of Billy

Opening Theme to Beetlejuice - five words - "Gold. Mazda. Sarah. Video. Camera"

"FunkyTown" - our trip to Florida in 1995

Anything from the "Phantom of the Opera" soundtrack takes me back to night my grandfather died in 1997

"When You Come Back Down" by Nickel Creek takes me back to the Ryman Auditorium with Billy

Anything by Harry Connick, Jr makes me think of Dawn

"Home" by Foo Fighters makes me think of Billy right before he left

I don't know if any of these are truly my favorite songs. But for some reason, the memories seem more of a treasure than the song itself.

No comments: