Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away!

This morning we woke up to the loudest most insane thunder I've heard in years. We literally jumped when it struck just right outside the house. It was the loudest crack!! It reminded my of when Billy and I were on our honeymoon. We rented this tiny little cabin in the mountains of East Tennessee. We were in a pretty high altitude and this one afternoon a storm rolled in that I'll never forget. We were right on the edge of the Ocoee River and the cabin was up on stilts. I didn't really understand the real point of that until the river started to rise. Within minutes, the yard was full of rushing river water. But that wasn't the crazy part. The thing that blew my mind was the electricity in the air. You could feel the lightening before it struck. every hair on my arm would tingle - just like someone was walking past me about to shock me with static. And the thunder was so loud, it was deafening. Billy refused to stay indoors. He was having a BLAST on the porch of this cabin ~ just loving it. And since I was too afraid to be inside by myself, I ended up sitting on the porch with him. And really it turned out to be an amazing sight to behold. And not to mention totally romantic. *goofy grin*
That was almost exactly 12 years ago. This Sunday, Billy and I will be celebrating our 12 year anniversary. Hardly seems possible. LOL!
We started out being just like any married couple. Poor and stupid. HAHA! Oddly enough, 12 years later, we are still poor and I'd like to think not-so-stupid. We've had our ups and downs, but I think that because of some advice I got many many years ago from a very happy married again, I will always understand the power of marriage. They told me that no married couple stays in love 100% of the time. You will fall out of love and back in love over and over again. Sometimes when a couple goes through the "out of love" moments, they give up and call it quits. But they don't put faith in the fact that they will fall back in love again. Billy and I have certainly had these moments. It's funny but I didn't always see it at the time (like when I wanted to kill him) that we were just in a rut. But looking back, I see each time we were 'rutting' it out to be a learning experience.
Having said all that, I feel that right now ~ all things considered ~ I don't think I've ever been more in love with my husband than right now. Of course, his absence has surely made that most apparent. Only because I do not have his snoring, dirty socks on the living room floor, seven loads of towels each week, and other things that drive me crazy. But I think if I had all those things back, I'd be the happiest person alive right now because that would at least mean I have him back home. However, I'll sacrifice my happiness for my incredibly insane amount of pride I have for him now. You have no idea how excited I am to be so close to seeing him and hugging that man's neck!!!!

Day 50 of 57 (7 more days!!!! EEEEE!!!!)  "a favorite photo"
I have many favorites...



















No comments: