Friday, June 24, 2011

It's ketchup day!

Well, really it is just catch-up day. But ketchup was clever, I thought. No? Ok, sorry.

But before I start that... I got a one minute phone call from Billy today to tell me a quick little piece of financial business. It was almost like he'd been at work all day and just needed to check in with me. It wasn't like my heart jumped into my throat or I got all weepy. I suppose that is hard to explain. But it was just a mundane little phone call like "hey honey, I gotta tell you this one thing. Oh and we did a ten mile march today and I'm real tired. Well, I gotta go. I love you, bye!" Maybe this is a sign that I am starting to finally de-float. That one little 52 second phone call was the most normal feeling thing that has happened since he left. How is that possible when this is the most un-normal thing we've ever been through?? When the weird begins to feel normal... it's probably because the weird is now becoming the normal. This may be a good thing.

OK so... time for the ketchup.

Day 38 of 57 "someone who has made your life worth living"
I'd have to say my kids. I'm not clever enough right now to think of some unique reason why. And to get all "they are the center of my life" may sound cliche... but I mean, it really is true. I knew that being a mom would be something I would love. And I do.

Day 39 of 57 "a picture of somewhere you've been to"

This is our vacation we took back in 2009 to Largo, Florida (just outside of Tampa)
I considered putting a picture of the bathroom - because it is certainly somewhere I've been... but decided against it






Day 40 of 57 "a picture of your family"
well that was dumb. I should have read ahead before started this post... I could have combined a couple of these. Now, I have to go hunt up another picture of my family... Nah, I don't mind. I love to brag about my family...  So here is our latest family portrait






Aren't we cute!?!







Day 41 of 57 "a band or artist that has gotten you through some rough days"
I think of all the bands I've ever been a fan of... U2 is probably one my favorites. But has U2 really gotten me through some rough times? Well, I don't guess so. I mean that is kind of a weird thing to say. "Bono was here yesterday and he held my hand while I cried about not getting any letters from Billy. He totally understands what it feels like to be 'with or without you'" Or Jon Bon Jovi called to check up on me and asked if I was still "living on a prayer" while Billy's away. And Michael Stipe, the lead singer from REM, sent me a Facebook post that said, "hey, just remember that 'everybody hurts sometimes'" Yup... that's weird.


Day 42 of 57 "a favorite YouTube video"
I have a couple. I really like the ones that make me laugh.









Day 43 of 57 "something you wish you had done in your life"
Danced on my wedding day


Day 44 of 57 "your last five facebook statuses"
1. Just picked Emma up from 4H camp. She can hardly keep her eyes open and yet still can't stop talking. Eyes still closed she just informed me that someone left wet clothes in their cabin and it smelled like dead hermit crabs.


2. I have one hour until I pick up Will from vbs. I live too far away to go home. I could probably eat but don't know what to eat. I could go work out but I'm wearing jeans and flip flops. I could go shopping but I don't have money to spend on what I want to buy. So I guess I will sit in my truck and update my facebook status.


3. When people in the bank give me a hard time and act like I don't know what I'm talking about, I want to tell them that I was doing their job before they were even out of junior high. Ugh! However I just smile and let them think they know more than me.


4. Billy called tonight!!! 12 whole minutes!! And he said he MIGHT get to call on Sunday too. YAY!!!


5. Hoping my Emma is doing well at her first night of a week long over-night camp. Eh.. what am I saying... of course she is.


 
Day 45 of 57 "five things about you nobody really knows"
1. I have a best friend named Nunya.
2. I used to live on Nunya Street right next to Nunya
3. I have a whole box of secret Nunya stuff in my closet
4. I am a very private person really - you can ask Nunya
5. Nunya's last name is Business
(I mean, come on, if nobody knows something about me... why would I post it on here for the world to read?) I'm just kidding... ok let me think
1. I have very strong fingernails
2. I used to live in a one room house that was about 200 square feet. One big room and a bath. The kitchen was a mini-fridge with a toaster, microwave and portable electric stove.
3. My first job was at Burger King and I went home and cried the first day because they made fun of me for wearing sandals.
4. Billy and I were in the same wind band at a regional wind band conference and never knew each other until years later AND his mom had a picture of me from when my High School band visited Billy's High School for a band contest - again, years before we ever met. You can only imagine the oddity of looking through old pictures of your husband in high school and finding a picture of yourself.
5. I got slapped on the bus by a big big BIG girl because she was making fun of my friend and I told her to shut up. So she slapped me. I was too scared to tell the bus driver until after the big big BIG girl got off the bus and by then he said it was too late to do anything.
 
Well, that's enough for today. We are leaving in one week to go see Billy!!!!!!
 

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

I laughed so hard during the videos! And I loved the "ketchup" thing :)