Thursday, June 23, 2011

goodbye television

I got our cable bill today. $105 for us to watch Nick Jr and the news in the morning. Um.. no. So, I called and since we technically have satelite... I had them reduce our channels from 300 something down to 50. But it cut our bill in half and I could probably reduce it more if I returned a receiver, but I'm too worn out to deal with that right now. So now we have the local channels and five disney channels and four nickelodeons. If Billy were here, he'd have a fit. He loves his History and Discovery Channels. But since I doubt he'll be living in this house again... I just went ahead and made an executive decision and Viola! Now if I can just figure out a way to reduce our phone bill. maybe I'll turn off the land line... I feel the need to reduce things today.
Speaking of things reduced. I not only found a super cute pair of capri pants at the Goodwill store for a whopping $4, but they were in a much smaller size than I've been wearing. My grin was a little obnoxious as I left with my treasure.

So, Billy graduates in less than 2 weeks. Hopefully soon he'll be able to access the internet. So, I think I'm going to switch the focus of the blog back to our daily stuffs so that he can keep up with us. Sorry for the whiplash. Plus, in just over 2 months, we'll be moving - maybe - and I'll want a way for the family and friends to keep up with us. That was more of an FYI than anything.

I'll have to do some major catching up on my 57 days of posting. We only have 12 days left until I go see my dear husband!

No comments: