Friday, October 21, 2011

Zumba

So, yesterday I dropped the kids off at school and William and I went to the Lodge (the neighborhood center across the street)and went to my very first Zumba class in North Carolina!!! YAY! It seriously kicked my butt!! But it was so much fun! I don't know what made it so different from the classes I took back at the Y in TN. But there was some serious shaking going on in there. Maybe the women in the TN class were a little more reserved and that made it a little less exciting. However, the women in this class yesterday... boy howdy! I felt like I was in this big dance club or something. So much energy!! And it just motivates you to shake it a little harder when everyone else is shaking it so well. The cool thing is there is a playroom right off to the side where all the kids play. It isn't supervised, but there is a large window that we can look into and see how they are doing and if they need us, they can flag us down through the window. That was brilliant designing if you ask me. So, William got to have some toddler time with a whole slew of kids. It was a great thing! I'm very glad we went. I can't wait to go again next week. But I'll admit... I'm also glad I have a few days to recoup. I felt some kind of serious old after that one.

Anyway... Billy called this morning and said that during formation after PT his First Sgt asked for volunteers to do some mission in Charleston for the entire month of November. Only seven people raised their hands. Billy didn't know what was going on, so he kept his hand down. But he asked another Sgt later what that was all about. According to the Sgt, it is basically going somewhere to unload a bunch of somethings that just got back from overseas. However, from what the Sgt said, there is no extra pay... not even room and board or meals or anything. So, that's stupid. But anyway, the First Sgt got mad and said, "Only 7?? Well, we'll see about that!!" Now Billy is freaking out that he's going to get "voluntold" since he was the last one to get in the unit. He's the newest newbie. Man, I hope not. That's a month in South Carolina - during Thanksgiving. Um.... yuck. But we'll see. Who knows.

In other news, the weather has turned some kinda awesome cold!! It's gorgeous!! A bit chilly in the mornings but just super nice in the afternoons. I hope to go find a nice little park somewhere this weekend. There is some kind of lake around here (I think on post) that has a bunch of things to do. Maybe we can go spend a family day at the lake this Saturday. It would be a great little outing. Oh and did I tell you I found a bike for myself at a yard sale? Yeah! It was only $15. Billy bought me a bike very similar back years ago and then a month later I found out I was pregnant with William and got too scared to ride it. So it sat in the garage for two years and we ended up selling it at a yard sale. It's kinda like it found its way back home to me! But now we have to find William some sort of trike or big wheel. I'm on a serious mission to find him something. I'd love for all of us to go bike riding together. How much fun!!

So I hope everyone has a great weekend! We're headed to post for some groceries!!

No comments: