Thursday, October 27, 2011

Coffee Drinking Gals

Well, the kids got invited to a birthday party this past weekend. So, we go. It is the lady on the corner who I stop and talk to from time to time - it's her son. She has 4 little ones (2 of which are very close to William's age). But we go to the party and there were several other mothers there. We ended up sitting on the back porch just hanging out and turns out they are some pretty fun ladies. So they invited me to their morning coffee drinking sessions. Apparently, every morning they congregate at the corner lady's house and all drink coffee for an hour or so and just have some girl chat time. William and I went a couple days this week and I have to say the timing couldn't be better. Meeting some girls right before Billy gets sent away has to be a good thing, right? And the fact that they all have little ones (ages 2-4) is awesome because William gets to have little playdates as well. One thing that won me over was there is a girl there who this is also her first duty station and her husband is already deployed - six weeks after they moved in. That's not what won me over... it was what she said, "I'm glad that I met these gals when I did. They don't put a status on you like 'your husband isn't a high rank and therefore you aren't worth my time.'" It just made me feel like - hey these are some cool down to earth ladies. Most of which are southern gals just like me.
So, anyway... we are on our way over there this morning for some coffee and then I have a day of running errands trying to get Billy's junk together for his mission. We don't have a packing list, but we're trying to think ahead of things he needs. Like his name sewn on his helmet and stuff. And I'm totally going to take advantage of being on post and get some Chinese from the PX food court. YUM!!!
By the way, we do know the dates and unless they give him leave than we won't be spending Thanksgiving with him. I'm hoping they do give him some leave and we could at least drive down there to be with him.

No comments: