Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lazy Weekend

We've not done very much of anything this weekend. I got my laundry started and almost finished yesterday. It's kind of a pain in the butt because ever since we moved, my dryer's timer stopped working. So unless I set some other sort of timer, the dryer will run for hours on end. Not sure what that's all about... but whatever. Could be worse and just not work at all I guess. We've had that washer and dryer since we got married. Going on 12 years now. Billy bought them for me as a wedding present. Now before you go say... oh how sweet!! You don't really know the whole story. What actually happened was he got himself a set of five foot speakers for the surround sound stereo system in the living room. I threw a big old hissy fit and we ended up fighting about it for a few weeks. Finally, I put my foot down - those ridiculous things need to go!! So, Billy tried to return them and because they were financed, the store would only let him do an exchange. That's how I got my washer and dryer. He did surprise me with them and that was sweet. He could have been a total boy and refused to return his big toys. I remember my family freaking out when I told them we financed a washer and dryer. My rebuttle was that we were paying as much on the monthly payments as we would have been paying at the laundry mat. Good grief, could you imagine me telling them that we were making monthly payments on five foot speakers???!!!??? I have no idea what made my go on this tangent... LOL! But to sum it up, we were married and my argument was we needed to make more grown-up purchases. But trust me when I say, I've let him purchase plenty of toys over the years. Some I have completely gotten sick over and some I actually really love - like our big TV. Which brings me back to our weekend... we've just been watching a lot of TV in between loads of laundry, school projects, potty training the dog, and sleeping and eating. It's just been a great lazy weekend.
To update you on Billy's mission... they basically told them to just be ready at a moment's notice and they don't really know when they are leaving, how long they are going, and many other unknowns. There are pros and cons to this. First, he could be staying with us a little longer. But by staying here, he'll be doing a PT test next week and a 12 mile ruck march the next week. Second, if he goes now he could be back sooner. If he goes later, we don't know if the mission will be a full 30 days which would mean he'll be gone into December. He's supposed to be packed and ready, but if he packs all his gear now - what will he wear all week? Blah. Oh well. What can I do? Nothing but wait. Tis the life of the Army wife.

No comments: