Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It is what it is

Well, looks like Billy got "voluntold" to go on that mission. Only problem is that he (nor anyone else) knows what this mission is, where it actually is, when he's leaving, when he'll be back, what he has to bring, if he'll get off for some turkey day... basically they told him that he was going and that he'll find out what he needs to know later. So one hundred and ten percent suck.

He tells me this right at the climax of what was already probably the SUCKIEST day I've had since I've been here. I wish I had the patience and lower blood pressure to relive the drama I dealt with today. But I do not. It all boils down to the fact that the family doctor who was giving the girls their shots for school totally screwed me over today and I had a nice big fat meltdown right there in the middle of the doctor's office. Right in front of my kids, God, and everyone. Here's a hint, BENHAVEN FAMILY MEDICAL PRACTICE, do not tell me you have in the freaking Hepatitis A vaccine last week and then tell me I can't have an appointment until the following week only to let me show up on the day you told me to be there and NOT HAVE THE FREAKING VACCINE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were given a 30 day window to get these shots done and that expires tomorrow. But because we had to wait two weeks for them to get their shipment of shots in, and then wouldn't let me make an appointment for the day they had it in... I knew my blood pressure was going to rise once I got started on this....Anyway, So, Dr. "Has no Clue" sends us on post to the pediatric clinic. We get there at 3:06. The walk-ins side closes at 3:00. Looks like we're spending tomorrow at the peds clinic on post. And trust me, I would have just gone on to this clinic on post to have all this done two weeks ago when I realized this was going to be an issue. However, the guy at the immunization clinic told me they didn't take pediatric patients. Did he share with me the fact that there was a pediatric immunization clinic on the other side of the hospital? Nope. Guess I should have know better and dug a little deeper. Shame on me.

I apologize for my rant.

All this to say... Billy is leaving on some secret mission in the next who knows when and well, it is what it is I guess. No clue what this means for the holidays. I'm not even going to make plans. They're just going to get screwed up anyway.

Yes. I'm fine.

Meanwhile... I'm updating our iPhones to the Cloud at this very moment. I wonder if I'll have anything saved to my phone when this is all done. That's why I'm doing Billy's first. *evilgrin*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was reading my husband's blog and he posted a link to yours and this is the first entry that I read. I can honestly say I feel your pain with the uncertainty of "holiday" planning. The one thing I know for sure is that I'll be with Brandon (the husband) in Korea for thanksgiving... but I have no clue, nor does he about being home for christmas. We're waiting on orders to Germany and we wait, and wait, and wait. Can't do much without them, can't plan anything either...

I love blogging. It's a great outlet to vent.

I hope things work out with the shots for the kiddos and that your hubby will be able to share turkey with you.