Saturday, October 22, 2011

Me and my Shadow

Over the past week or so, I've heard of quite a few things that make me a little concerned. Our neighborhood is a gated community and patrolled 24/7 by military police. However, it seems as though we are not immune to petty crimes. Apparently, there have been a few break-ins a few streets over in the past couple weeks. They are pretty sure it's just teenagers up to no good, but they are on the hunt for medicine and I think some electronic things were taken. Well, this has me just a bit on edge. I mean, really? I thought we were going to be a little safer in military housing than off. But "kids will be kids" out here doesn't mean my kid called your kid a brat. So... with the very high possibility that Billy will be gone for a month in a couple weeks, we decided that we needed some sort of protection.
I would like to introduce you to Shadow... our new alarm system.
He looks ferocious, doesn't he?

Boy and his dog

We surprised the girls after school with our new puppy

Fluffy doesn't hate him, but doesn't love him so much yet either.



I'm not going to lie... this dog is not very likely to protect us from much at first. We rescued him from the pound and brought him home. Two flea baths later...we have us a precious, sweet puppy. It took us a whole 24 hours to figure out a name and finally decided on Shadow. I hope he stays as sweet as he is now. 

No comments: