Monday, January 9, 2012

The Peeper

Apparently, we've had a fellow out here looking into people's windows and then hurting children. Now, I would not believe such nonsense except the MP's have been cracking down severely in the neighborhood. The other day Emma was at the park (which is actually a set of swings and a little climbing thing down at the end of the street and just happens to be the backyard of one of my friends) and an MP stopped her and asked her where her mother was and where she lived and then told her to go home. Now, I was under the impression that children over the age of 10 were allowed to play without direct supervision. I still don't think I'm wrong, but I guess they are just making sure no one gets in the line of this Peeper guy. There have just been all kinds of rumors and kids are going around saying the "Child Killer" is out there! And it's nuts. Like I said, I would not have even given this a second thought except now it's hitting home when the MP's are guarding all the parks and playgrounds and constantly roaming up and down the streets (some on foot and some in vehicles). It's just a bit unnerving. I really don't know what to think. Glitter Mama (my friend) went down there and talked to these MP's and I guess they've been trying to catch this guy for weeks. So, here's my question. We live on a military post. You have to go through a security checkpoint with 100% ID check. There are hundreds upon hundreds of trained combative soldiers here - I'm sure there are several in the Special Forces - many many of them have been in combat and overseas tracking Iraqi's and who knows what else... and you mean to tell me they can not catch a black male between the ages of 19 and 25 who is probably a resident here and is threatening our children??!!?? Blech! People are just crazy.

In other news, today Billy was preparing for PT by stretching and what not and he got pulled out to go to the range for target practice. Then he finds out that while he was gone, they ended up doing the "ability run" which is the good kind of running that he needs (and not the run 4 miles at the fastest speed possible which is what they've been doing all this time). It's like, REALLY? How are they going to pull him out of PT when he needs it more than most and then make him wait around for four hours before taking them to the range. Why could he not have done the run AND go to the range. I'm so aggravated I could just scream sometimes. I sincerely hope they do this run again. Oh and no afternoon PT either. GGRRR!!!!!

But then there are my kids... they continue to make life a little brighter. William has now learned to feed the dog. I let him do this and he feels like a real big kid. Plus, Shadow sees him do this and I hope that will create a trust between the two of them. I know that sounds odd, but I have heard and truly believe that the person who feeds the animals is the one the animal will love most. So... we'll see. Also, Emma has started Girl Scouts. So if you want to buy some cookies... well, that wouldn't make sense. It'd cost a fortune to mail them. But anyway. Or you can order them, and we'll put them in the freezer until we see you next... just a thought... Oh and Emma also got invited to be in the Drama Club at school. Very exciting stuff there!! And then Allison has been studying whales at school. She came home and literally talked about it for an hour. I was going about doing my daily stuff (cooking, laundry, dishes, going to the bathroom) and she followed me everywhere I went talking about all the neat stuff about whales. Too cute!

Anyway, hoping for more "ability runs" like they did today and more chances for Billy to get at making his goals. I really do not want to make myself have to go down to the commander and make an A$$ of myself. Of course, we all know I would never. But still... this is my life too! And no peeper or commander is going to bring me down!

No comments: