Thursday, January 5, 2012

One too few

I hate to say it but Billy didn't pass his test this morning. He missed his sit ups by one. ONE! ONE STINKING SIT UP! And it was just a struggle!! He said he got to the end and knew he only had one more. He got about half way up and fell back down. He tried again... got half way up and they were all yelling at him to "wiggle up" so that he could get up. He said he was kicking his legs and the spotter holding his feet kept coming off the ground trying to hold Billy down. He falls back down and does this about three times until the time ran out. So, really he was a half a sit up away. He was so heartbroken that by the time he did his run, he just felt like he couldn't do anything. He was a minute off on the run. So, this hasn't been a great day for us. I know he's disappointed as am I. But the First Sgt is going to give him one last chance.... we just don't know when. In fact, the First Sgt asks him if he passed. Billy said no. First Sgt asks by how much. Billy says One sit up. First Sgt said, "You want to get kicked out, don't you?" Poor Billy. Of course doesn't want to get kicked out. So, here we are again... on the waiting train. I wonder how many counseling statements he'll have to sign now. Oh well... I'm going to ride his butt until he gets where he needs to be. Even if it means holding his feet while I scream in his ear the whole time. I mean sit ups here... come on.

Speaking of one too few... Allison wants to wear a bra now. She's a flat as hardwood floor. But I let her have one of Emma's old ones. She's so proud of herself, she can't hardly stand it. She asked me tonight before bed if she needs to wear it to bed. I said she could if she wanted to, but eventually she won't want to. Just super cute. Oh and please do not say anything to her about me telling the world about this. She'd die. Absolutely die!!

But continue to keep us in your prayers. I do not want Billy to get kicked out any more than he does.

No comments: