Monday, January 2, 2012

Got myself a job

My neighbor directly across from me (the one who invited us to her church this Sunday) has asked me to babysit her kids for a couple weeks until she quits her job. Her husband is training for Special Forces and just got orders to go back to Fort Campbell in the beginning of February. So, rather than put the kids in daycare and spending a lot of money, I'm going to keep her kids and help her save a little money. We agreed on a little amount that will hopefully make it worth while. It isn't like I've got a full time career job, but it will be something anyway. And we're only talking about maybe three days a week until February. I was glad to help her. I just hope the kids don't drive me crazy. It's a little boy and a little girl (ages 3 and 4). So, I hope they don't think it's funny to color my walls with magic marker or feed the dog crayons. But my friend the lady on the corner is going to be right across the street and told me to bring them over every once in a while to let them play with her kids as well. Kids do better in groups. Moms do better in groups too, I think.

So yeah, I start tomorrow. Say a little prayer that all goes well.

No comments: