Saturday, January 16, 2016

498 days

We've officially been out of the military for 498 days. Quick run down...

I graduated with a Master's degree in Business Administration in June 2014.

I had been on a job hunt for a while, had an interview with the lovely people at Ford Credit, got hired.

Two weeks later, had a very successful breast reduction. If you're wondering... yes it really friggin hurt.

A month after that, we moved back to my favorite town on Earth, Murfreesboro, TN - without Billy. He came about a month later once the Army was officially done with him.

Billy got a really good job working for a really wonderful company. Then he quit to take an even better job at an even better company.

In July of 2015, we bought a house in a beautiful neighborhood using our handy dandy VA loan... it takes a really long time to get a VA loan - just saying. I love my house. It's exactly what we need and everyone seems happy now that we aren't moving... ever ever ever again. I'm going to be buried in this house.

As I said earlier, I work at Ford Credit doing a really weird job. The best way I can explain it is I am a financial acrobat. I juggle money, do a lot of weird flips and twists to put it where it goes, and pray I land on my feet at the end of the day. (in other words, I do research on the crap that screws up and can't post and figure out how how to post it.) Anyway, I like the job. It's not necessarily a MBA worthy position, but for now it's paying the bills. It's almost an hour commute one way each day... but it gives me time to listen to my audio books - I am addicted to audio books (listened to the entire Harry Potter series twice in one year... )

The kids are doing great. William is addicted to video games and has no friends. Allison has been captured by the body snatchers and hates everything and everyone. Emma is going to start driving with a permit soon... she's in friggin HIGH SCHOOL! ugh. Yeah, the kids are doing great! No, really they are good.

Oh and we have fleas.

I've decided to start logging again because I've gained a LOT of weight in the past several months. Sitting on my arse all day staring at a computer screen... then sitting in a car to get home.... then sitting on the couch b/c I'm so tired from being gone for 11 hours a day... I got fat. Really fat.

So.... true to it's name... it's time to deem my progress in baby steps... it's a really a struggle to get skinny again when I'm this fat. Off like a heard of turtles, indeed.

Today's turtle progress - did 30 minutes of Lower Body fix... weighed in at 189. Ate a bunch of crap I should not have. 

Anyway, it feels good to be back. I've missed this.






No comments: