Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The 21st of May

There is a new song by Nickel Creek, one of my all time favorite bands in the whole wide world, that is called 21st of May. So, I listen to this song and realize it's about a guy who thinks the world is going to end on May 21st. Well, of course, no one knows the end of times. But today seems a bit appropriate for this topic. Today is Billy's phase two physical. From what I understand, once this physical takes place, this gets the ball rolling for his chapter. In other words, it's the end of our Army times. Of course, nothing in the Army is fast - so we could be here for months. But then again... they could have us out of here in weeks. I'm just needing to stay in long enough to get my surgery and finish school.

Speaking of moving, it occurred to me that by moving this summer (or soon thereafter), this will make the 7th school Emma will have attended from grades K-8. That's nuts, right? But see the best part about this is she is a champ!!! Seriously! The kid just got invited to attend AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination). You have to be invited into this program and they base it on standardized testing results and grades in school. I'm super proud of that girl!!! She is so adaptable. I've always thought she was a bit more mature than kids her age (in some ways), but I think she's just been forced to grow up a little faster. Perhaps now that we can move somewhere and stay for the rest of ever, she can really start to thrive even more!



(as if write this.... Billy is told he won't be having his final physical because nobody told him to go do a mental health evaluation first... typical. I really don't see this process going by quickly.)

No comments: