Saturday, January 23, 2016

The last words...

It snowed. A lot. And not just here, but like everywhere. The country got blanketed in about a foot of snow this weekend. It's really beautiful. And it's a good excuse to sit here in my pajamas all day.

But before that nasty snow hit, we all went and traded in our phones for an upgrade. I wasn't really thinking that I would lose every single one of my text messages. Not that it really matters, but I'm a hoarder when it comes to my conversations to people. Especially people that I know I'll never talk to again... So, I made a screen shot of the last conversation I ever had with my friend Dawn. Saved it on the phone, but when they transferred everything from one phone to the other, that screen shot was gone.

Ever started sobbing uncontrollably in front of a complete stranger? Sobbing so hard you can't even explain why you're crying because your throat completely closes... it was horrible. That poor kid at the store... He helped me get my text messages off the old phone and helped me email that last conversation so I could keep it. I never did explain why I needed it so bad or even what it was. He knew. There was no way he couldn't know the way I was carrying on.  It's been a really long time since we lost Dawn. And I've not really had a serious cry about losing her in a long time. Or maybe my hormones went into overdrive, but I know I freaked that kid out at the cell phone store...not to mention the other patrons there. And I know I freaked my husband out too.

But really, that conversation... the last words we said to each other... they are so full of meaning.


No comments: