Monday, January 18, 2016

Harder to Fall

Turtle Journal - day 3

Losing weight is not near as fun as gaining it. In fact, I down right suck at it. The only times I successfully dropped some serious pounds was when I was either medicated to do so... or when Billy was gone to basic training. I have no medication, but Billy is traveling a bit, So, there's that. It's still hard though.

I have these workout videos. They suck. But William just loves them. He asks me every night if I'm ready for my workout because he wants to get in there and do it with me. It's actually very cute. So, last night when I couldn't move due the day long ridding the house of flea tasks, and he asks me why I didn't want to work out, I asked him why he did. He says, "because it won't be so hard when I fall." Um... what? What do you mean, son? "Well, if you're bigger, it hurts worse when you fall." I was so sleepy that it didn't register what he was saying. I thought maybe he was just being cute.

But now that I'm awake at 4 am and can digest this.... I'm wondering if he's having difficulty with other kids. Is some asshole knocking him down? He did get a nice punch in the stomach on the bus around week 4 of school. This momma LOST HER CRAP. Bus driver, principal, and whoever else would listen assured me it wouldn't happen again, but as far as I know the kid is still riding my son's bus. So much for zero tolerance, right?

When all of this went down, Billy and I had that discussion about how we wondered if William was just going to be that kid who got picked on. Billy suggested he teach him some combatives... you know, one punch that will kill a person. I aggressively disagreed with this notion and it was never brought up again. But now I'm wondering if we should put him back in Tae Kwon Do. He really liked it, but the after school program he was in was overpriced and they never learned anything. The free program at Fort Campbell was better. ugh.

Anyway, I woke up this morning with a killer headache... I've got more to share, but it will have to wait for another day.

Thanks for reading... if anyone is actually reading.

No comments: