Tuesday, January 26, 2016

All the Fluffy Ducks that I Don't Give

I think I have finally reached the age where I can honestly say I just do not give a Fluffy Duck about people and their FLUFFY DUCKIN drama. I sometimes abbreviate Fluffy Duck, but I figured for the family atmosphere... I'll refrain. But if it tells you just how UP TO HERE I've had it...

So... as you know I'm a band mom with lots of band mom drama... Ever see Dance Moms? That horrible show where that horrible woman screams at kids while their mommas sit in the observation room and get all catty with each other. Well being a band mom is not like that... it's more like passive aggressive mommas emailing each other in an attempt to belittle each other until tempers flare and everyone is pissed off. Because you know sooooo many people can portray true emotion through written words and there is never ever any room for misinterpretation.

In my mind, joining the band boosters would be like joining a great group of parents who love their kids and become good friends.... well, I guess I have the disadvantage because I am friends with Sir, the director. This must be the equivalent of having "pariah" tattooed on my forehead. "Don't be friends with her, she is in with the boss and might report you or say bad things about you or do something worthwhile that makes things really great, but we will never give her credit for it because she isn't one of us."

There is one particular mom... we'll call her Scabby. Trust me... It fits. She is constantly questioning every Fluffy Duckin thing I do. Everything. If something is wrong, it is because I was given wrong information. Have I ever made a mistake... absolutely. I own the mistake. But I swear to the almighty, she is trying to FIND that mistake and can't just quietly address it... she has to passive aggressively COPY every other board member to point out said mistake. Sometimes I feel like I am purposefully given wrong information so that it looks like I failed. (paranoia much?)  I. Am. Over. This. Fluffy Duck Her!!!!!!! Scabby needs to back off, or I will lose my mind.

I'm having a pity party, I know. But it is lonely being the new kid on the block with the toughest job on the board. It makes me sad that I can't just be a band mom and love the kids and to heck with the rest.

Ok, so I lied. Obviously I do care about the drama because it makes my life so much harder than it needs to be. I'm just ready to move on.


Turtle Progress: My diet is getting easier... Not so much eating differently as much as eating less. I figure I'll never be able to convert my family to eating like California yuppies, so why stress myself out. Just eat half the normal portions and be OK with that. Oh and I did a workout routine called "The Dirty Thirty"  sounds as bad as it is.... my arms....... can't lift them.

No comments: