Friday, December 30, 2011

The TV troubles

I've been wanting Billy to invite his "girl friend" (the girl he works with and met at AIT and the one we went to Christmas dinner with) over for a long time. He talks about her all the time and I just really wanted to meet her. So, after we ate Christmas dinner with her and her family, I thought I'd invite them over to our house. Billy said we were too boring and that no one wants to hang out with boring people. I admit, we aren't like real big on partying or whatever. But I didn't think we were that boring. So, I invite them over for pizza and games. We had gotten a new Xbox Kinect for Christmas (thanks Papaw) and wanted to play some games. So they were going to bring over a few games and guess what... Billy's TV dies. Dead. Dead Dead. It won't turn on at all. Thank goodness we still have the extended service agreement and we can get it fixed for free. But the bad thing is we have to wait a whole week. Or maybe longer. So, here we are about to have our new friends come visit out house for the first time to play the Kinect and now we have no TV. Billy was flipping out. So, we ended up taking the TV out of our bedroom and bringing it downstairs. We went from the 56 inch screen to a 30 inch screen. None of us could read anything on the stupid screen. Lord, have mercy! We are so spoiled, it is nuts. But before we decided to bring the TV from the bedroom down, Billy was convinced we needed to go buy a new TV. Just the thought of that made my stomach hurt. Because I know him and I know he's going to want to buy something bigger than what he's already got. Which is nuts. I'm still thanking God for that extended warranty. Mainly because back when we were shopping for washer and dryers, he kept getting sucked into the TV room where there was a 92 inch flat screen up on the wall. He was like moaning with excitement over this monster of a TV. This thing was ridiculous. And what didn't help matters at all is that on this exact day, three of the six ladies whom I drink coffee with every day all got new TV's for their husbands. We're talking like 70 inch smart TV's all bought on the same day that I refuse to let Billy buy a new one. I suppose I am the mean wife since I won't let Billy buy a new one as long as this one is still under warranty. So, yeah, anyway, we ended up playing games on the smaller TV and still managed to have a nice time with Billy's friends. She and I got along well. So despite the TV trouble, we enjoyed our visit with our new friends. And if they thought we were boring, they never let on. Well, they did leave before 9 pm. So, maybe we were a little boring.

No comments: