Monday, December 12, 2011

The life of an Army Wife

So, William and I have finally found our little niche. I've made friends with a group of ladies that live on my street. These are the 'coffee drinking gals' from a while back. But the more I hang out with these girls, the more I've gotten to really love being around them. They can be serious and silly. We can talk about politics and dirty diapers. And they all like their coffee just like me... a little bit of coffee and a lot of cream.

This weekend we had William's birthday party. His birthday is not for a while, but we did it early so that some of his friends could be here since most of them are headed home for Christmas. So I invited four ladies and their kids. We had a house full! 15 kids - ages 2 to 12. It was actually a lot of fun!

And then something else kinda cool. We got invited to two different Christmas dinners. One is from the lady on the corner. Her mother lives about 30 minutes from here and they always ask her to bring a family who can't come home for Christmas dinner. So, we're going there for lunch. And then the other dinner is from a girl Billy works with. She went to AIT with Billy and they became close friends. Now they are in the same unit here at Bragg and she asked us to come eat dinner with her and her family that night. I think we'll be nice and partied out. Of course, we used to have the rule that we would not go anywhere on Christmas day so that the kids would have a day to play with their toys. We made this rule because we always had like 7 different houses to visit during the holidays. And now that we aren't going to have all that family to visit, we figured it would be OK to break our rule. I'm OK with that. So, now I'm debating having our Christmas dinner on Christmas eve and just let the kids open all their stuff that evening. Still thinking about that one.

Oh and for heavens sake... President Obama is coming to town this week. It's a big deal. I understand it. But they are making the guys work some long hours this week to get ready for it. Billy's got to be at a meeting at 6 this evening just to learn about what he's going to be doing the next couple of days. So, we may not see much of Billy this week. (time for some Chick Flicks!!!)

And I'm taking my puppy to get "sterilized" tomorrow. I think that means neutered. Why the vet can't just say "neutered" I don't know. Whatever. But I'm very much in love with that pooch. He is so dang smart.

I feel like I've given you whiplash with this post... going in so many different directions. I guess I've just got a scatter brain today. That seems to be my life now a days.

No comments: