Monday, December 5, 2011

My dry spell is over

Yeah, so I've not been able to read any books for almost 6 months. I don't know why. I just have zero attention span and every single book I pick up, I'll put down after a couple chapters. It's beyond upsetting. I just lost my reading mojo if you will. I kept telling myself it's because I'm so busy and don't have time or energy left at the end of the evening to read. But really... I try and just can't. Until yesterday. I picked up "The Hunger Games" after seeing much chatter about it on Facebook and in entertainment magazines. There is a movie coming out in the Spring. I love a good book made into movie. But anyway. I sat down yesterday and started reading around lunch time. I got into the third chapter and my pulse was racing and I was all "ooohhh" and "oh my!" So, I picked it back up last night around 6 and could not stop reading it. At about 2:30 this morning I finally finished it. I couldn't help it. It's just one of those books you have to finish. And quick. At one point I looked up at the clock and saw it was after 1 am. So, I made it my goal to finish before Billy woke up and saw me reading still. LOL! He was going to wake up at 3am because they were going to the range today to shoot some big guns. But yeah... I still managed to get in about 5 hours of sleep. It was good. Now I've just got to get the next book in the series.
Anyway, Billy and I had a lot of talks this weekend about this whole Army life. This being barred is not doing anything for his confidence. If anything, it is making him more nervous rather than more motivated. And they told him he has to do this special afternoon PT and then every time they have it, they've got him off doing something else. So, he keeps missing the sessions. It's ridiculous. He's not going to get any better if he can't get the help he needs. Oh and the young guy who I thought wasn't in trouble for not passing and then turned out he was... yeah... not so much. He's still not in trouble. He didn't get barred. So now I'm pissed again. This is a guy who will show up like 30 seconds before formation, get in trouble over stupid stuff all the time, and fail all three parts of his PT - and he gets to go to a class to get certified on a machine. And then there's Billy. He shows up every day an hour early. He never leaves because he doesn't want to be late. He misses his run by a few seconds and they bar him. GRRR!!! So whatever. Billy said there is no way he can dispute anything at this point. He's just stuck. I don't know what to do either. Pray I guess.

No comments: