Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Star Trek

Billy and I were sitting here watching the new Star Trek movie (well the newest one) and I was just super confused through the whole thing. See, I have never watched nor really understood any of the movies, the shows... none of that. I'm more of a period romance type of gal... not so much a science fiction spaceship kinda gal. Anyway, Billy is giving me all the details about how it is possible for Spock to be old and young and how Kirk really wasn't a deadbeat and that his dad never actually died. I was totally lost. So, I look on Facebook later that afternoon and here is what Emma posted...

"[My parents] are watching Star Trek and mama is so confused daddy is trying to explain it and all I hear is blah blah time travel blah blah dead blah blah blah ramen noodles?? blah blah blah volcan blah blah its confusing"

Ramen noodles - Romulans. I thought I was going to pee in my pants! She just totally cracked me up!!

And then later on that day I said to Billy because I'm so super smart, "Hey they should make a star trek where the new generation meets the old generation." He just looked at me like I had horns. He says, "they already did that." Well DUH! Like I'm supposed to be all current on the Star Trek information. PPPPBBBLLLTT! (that's me blowing a raspberry)

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

This totally made me laugh! I love Star Trek! :)