Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Smallest World

So, we had a wonderful Christmas! Despite being so far from home, we were able to talk to the grandparents and even open presents over Skype; so that was neat! We ended up going to both Christmas dinners that day. For lunch we went to my lady on the corner's family's home in Falcon, NC. This is like the smallest little town on the planet. Very similar to Santa Fe, TN. And this is the most amazing thing... as we were sitting there after dinner one of the aunts asks me where we are from. I say, "About an hour south of Nashville." To which she replies, "Oh are you familiar with Santa Fe?" Billy and I almost fell on the floor! "That's where we are from!!" So, upon further discussion, we figure out that they have a cousin who was married to a fellow from Santa Fe. And then upon even further discussion we figure out that the fellow is the current husband (and ex husband to said cousin) to one of my dearest friends in Santa Fe. I could not believe it!! I mean, it was like taking two needles and throwing them in a haystack and then pulling them both out at the same time. Especially considering that Santa Fe and Falcon are two of the tiniest towns in the world! I just loved that! It was just really kinda awesome!

That evening we had dinner with the family of a girl that Billy has known since AIT. She has a sweet little family. Four kids and her husband stays home with the baby. I was extremely nervous about going to their house. I guess I just didn't want to say or do something stupid. Which is never a hard thing for me to do. I always seem to say and do stupid things. But anyway, we had a nice time. There were a few people there from Billy's unit and getting to finally meet the people that he talks about so much was a great thing. I even got to talk to one of the guys that is trying to get Billy to go work out with him. He told me he had plans on kicking Billy's butt! I sure hope so! PT test is Jan 6th. Sigh...

That night we got home and I was so tired I just completely crashed. It was a busy Christmas day, but we all had a super nice Christmas.

Oh and Billy bought me a new coffee pot. SQUEE!!! Love it!

No comments: