Sunday, August 4, 2013

Home Again Home Again... Jiggety Pig

Ok... we spent four whole weeks in Kentucky. Mom was doing well when we left, but I think she will be lonely and oh so bored. She won't be able to drive until this coming week, so I hope her peeps back there are helping her out.

But I'm back. And I never quite got to share our experiences at Fort Campbell. First of all, the drive was super easy from mom's house to post. That was an awesome plus! No major interstates - just all simple county roads. It was very beautiful. But we got to meet up with my buddy who I met online, who is in the same boat as me (new to the army) and her husband is stationed at Fort Campbell. It is kinda cool. So, we had some coffee and talked about Jane Austen movies - that's why I love her so much - and then me and the kids took off to post.

Fort Campbell was nice - a lot smaller than Bragg and a LOT easier to figure out the streets... hardly any one-way streets. But we managed to drive through every single neighborhood that we would possibly get into and by the end of the day, I realize it won't matter where we live... really. If we end up in a shack with three and a half walls, then that's fine. I can't stress about it. I'll put my application in (more details on that coming up) and request a garage and a fence - and then just hope for the best. Billy on the other hand is not so sure about Fort Campbell housing. It seems as though he has become spoiled to the housing here on Bragg - which is sooooo much nicer. Well, I say that... Campbell does have really nice housing. For E6's and above. If you are a lower enlisted, they basically say "No Soup for YOU!" and that's the end of it. But the lady at the housing office said I could go ahead and put in my application now (even without orders) and at least get in position. The required documents won't be there, but it'll be an open application and that's what matters.

So, now I'm like ready to go tomorrow. I just want to get this over with. I don't like not knowing what is going on. As if you didn't already know that. Billy is talking with one of his old sgts that moved on to Battalion and she is trying to get his request for an early report date. But from the looks of it, it is still going to be around December at the earliest. That's OK with me I guess... that is only four months away. I can get my bucket list of things I want to see and do in NC done in this four months. Well, maybe. If I have any money in the world. I want to drive out to the Outerbanks, to Myrtle Beach, and the Biltmore. Three major road trips in four months. Bleh. Yeah, I don't know how feasible this really is. I have other things on my bucket list as well.... like clean out the garage. But I just got home. I need a week to be unproductive before I can start any major projects.

Speaking of projects.... I am in my second week of Applied Business Research and Statistics. ERMAHGERD! It is 100% Greek. Like literally. The symbols for the formulas look like ancient hieroglyphics.

No comments: