Sunday, August 18, 2013

Apologies

I go back and read what I wrote last time... I realize I sounded selfish and possibly even hateful. But I guess it had to be said and that's that. What I said was a long time brewing and I guess after a night of less than 3 hours of sleep, I snapped. There's a little picture floating around the internet and it says, "Forget sleeping like a baby... I want to sleep like a husband."

So... moving on.

I spent the better half of Friday putting together and organizing Billy's "love me" book. What is a love me book? Well, it is basically everything that  the Army has ever given Billy in the form of paper. All his orders, his pt score cards, forms and more forms, training certificates, awards, receipts, medical slips... etc. It's a great thing to have on hand when you're about to be transferring posts. And just imagine if you will... a 3 ring binder - 3 inches wide... full from top to bottom and probably weighs about 10 pounds. That's Billy's love me book. The main reason I'm trying to get this together is that his ERB (enlisted record brief) is all kinds of jacked up. It says he never went to college, never had any army training, and basically everything that is supposed to be on there ... isn't. I'm pretty sure that it is up to his chain of command to turn all these forms in to the appropriate department to have this document updated regularly... but well... I laugh in the face of that without even being able to finish saying it. Long story short... he's got to get that crap fixed and before we leave. If he wants to have any chance of getting promoted to E5 he's got to have all this stuff straight so that his points will all be counted. (points = promotion)

Speaking of promotion... I have one more little bit to fuss about. See, Billy was on top of the list to head out to WLC (warrior leadership course) which should help him get his promotable status quicker. BUT... someone decided to flip out. And by someone, I mean the most pointless person in his unit. She is never there... never works when she is there... always messes up something that requires a major cleanup when she does work... and then never has to clean up because she always has to leave early for some kind of bull crap. (don't get me started on why I think women with small children should not be active duty) Anyway... she gets wind that Billy is on the top of the list and throws a fit and basically goes over everyone's heads and complains to the commander. Everyone agrees that she is not E5 material, but because she has had more time (like 40 days) in the army than Billy, she got him booted off the list completely. So, where we thought he'd have his promotable status coming into Campbell... that will likely not happen now. It was yet another blow to the gut. It's just not his time here I guess.

So... moving on.


Anyway. I'm supposed to be doing Statistics homework. So, bye then.

No comments: