Friday, July 19, 2013

Ouch!

Ever hit your head so hard it knocks you silly for a minute? Well, that is what just happened to me. I'm having a Doc Brown moment when he discovers the flux capacitor. I feel like screaming "1.21 gigawatts" out the front door at the top of my lungs. But not because I've had some major epiphany but rather just a monumental pump knot on the top of my head. Long story... but I was cleaning out mom's fridge and didn't gauge my clearance to the freezer door and just whacked the $^$#$%@#$ out of myself. Heck, who knows.... maybe I will have some serious mental breakthrough and start writing my incredibly amazing novel that I've been contemplating writing for the past 25 years. It is going to happen... one day. It. Will. Happen.

So, yeah... Billy is not liking me being away from home so long. (I've been gone since July 4 - 15 days). When I left, I told him that this was my deployment. I had to leave on a mission to take care of my mother. I've been called to duty! I can't help it, and I'm not sure how long it will be before I will get to go back. Imagine if you will... not being able to move your hand above the height of your shoulders. Or pick something up weighing more than a paperback book. Or not being able to extend your arms to your sides. Or lay flat. Or pour your self a drink. Or stand up in the shower. Bleh! She can walk and talk and eat and go to the bathroom - all just fine. What she cannot do is anything else. For four weeks. Her surgery was July 10. That means she can't do anything until August 7th. Anyway. back to the point... Billy is getting a real taste of what it feels like when the spouse leaves on a mission for weeks at a time. It sucks! He HATES it. I get it! I have been there... you guys were there with me when he left me for basic and AIT and how things went dark and darker while he was gone. He would tell me just to try and find things to stay busy and blah blah blah. I remember getting so mad at him. Like it's so easy to find something to do. But now I get it. He is bored and lonely and just wants us to come home. "I'm trying honey... but it isn't something we can rush" Hopefully, (and I don't mean this to sound vindictive) but hopefully he will get a taste and it will be enough for him to really understand how much it sucks to be left alone for so long. And trust me... he doesn't even have the kids to deal with. He's got it made - from my perspective. Do you know how much I would pay just to be able to stay home alone for 20 something days without anyone to talk to or cook for or drive somewhere or clean up after???? He's living my dream, really. A short term stay-cation. Alone. In silence. OOOHHH the list of things I could do!!! But that's neither here nor there... I'm not ever going to get such a thing and I would never wish my time away from my family unless it was necessary.... and this is certainly a necessary mission.

I love writing again. My head is throbbing and I'm seeing spots... but HEY, I'm writing - two days in a row!! It's a concussive miracle!!!

No comments: