Thursday, July 18, 2013

Jar of Hearts

So, I'm sitting here with my mother in KY. My kids are spread out all over TN. Billy is home in NC.

Mom just had double bypass surgery and so she needed someone to just help her function for the few weeks after. I felt it was the least I could do after all she's ever done for me. It is weird all the blackburns being separated like we are. I don't think any one is having a good time with the situation. Especially billy who is home all alone. Poor guy. But the girls have been with Billy's mother and William went to stay with Billy's dad. It is really weird. Did I say that already?

So what is going on? Well, lots of stuff. We are awaiting orders for fort campbell and hopefully will have them sooner than later. I plan on driving out there while I'm here in ky to drive around and figure out if I will love it or not. Eh... I know that's not so easy to figure out from driving around. But it is a start. I'm seriously ready to move back closer to home. Mom dealing with this surgery, my friend dawn being diagnosed with cancer - those are the big reasons. Plus billy hates his job at Bragg. They just aren't a great company to work for and we are seriously praying to get the heck out of dodge before they try and pull the rug out from under us. I can't imagine it will be all sunshine and rainbows here at campbell, but anything is better than where he is at now.

I'm not sure i will be so ready to go when it is time to say goodbye to my darden street family. These girls have been my true support system, my mentors, my laughers, and my sisters. One day I will sit down and write out my story of each girl. I always have a hard time writing about people really close to me that I know will read my blog one day. Even though I would never publish anything bad about them, I just feel like I could either be overly sensitive about what I say and say something too good and seem fake or under sensitive  and say something they would hate....lol. It's a mess.

Wanna hear a funny story? William ate styrofoam and we ended up having to go to the ER because they were afraid it was stuck in his windpipe. And no it's not like we could just pack up and go to the er up the road, they had to send us by ambulance to the children's hospital an hour away. That was a fun night! I bet you're like How is that funny? Well it was hilarious because only my child would get choked on a colored piece of styrofuoam. Kids are supposed to put peas or rocks up their noses. My kids inhales styrofoam.

Anyway I just felt the need to write tonight.
I've got an idea for a book, and maybe I just needed to see if I still had any bit of interesting things to say at all. I just don't know. I still think in blog mode all the time and I constantly crack myself up. But that isn't sayin much.







No comments: