Friday, July 19, 2013

Chi

I have a super power. I have this incredible ability to say something and then have it appear within the next couple of days. It is freaky!!!!! But true... I wish I could explain. But I can't really. So I will just give you examples. 

Mom and I walking down the road, we are making silly conversation and I quote the movie "O brother where art thou." So later that night it was on tv, we turn it on and the line that I quoted was on at that moment. 

We watched a movie with Hugh Grant in it and I got to wondering where good old Hugh had gone. Mom mentions that his career took a dive after his indiscretion with the hooker. A couple days later in the book I am reading, the character discusses the episode of Leno where Hugh apologized for his actions. 

I made a reference about Ten Second Tom from the movie "50 first dates" and that movie comes on the next day. 

I cut my finger on a piece of ice in the freezer, got mad and said "you icehole." An hour later a guy on tv called another guy an icehole. 

We were talking about how Johnny Depp is such a weirdo and all the weird roles he has been in. I asked her if she had seen him in that vampire movie "dark shadow" and she hadn't. Neither have I. But we get to the doctor this morning and the magazine on the top of the pile was Johnny Depp in his vampire makeup from "dark shadows" back in May 2012. 

Yesterday I told my aunt to shut the door she was letting out all the bought air....movie quote from "Sweet Home Alabama"   -  it's on tv right now. 

Crazy???? 

My sister and I call this The Chi: The universal energy that flows through you and connects to the things of the world around you. 

I wish I had this ability when it came to anything Army related. In fact, it is usually the opposite. Anything related to Billy's job that I say outloud almost always turns out completely opposite. 

No comments: