Monday, February 27, 2012

Vomit Fest 2012

It seems like every year we become plagued with a stomach bug. It will make its way through the family one at a time and usually one or two of us are spared. Nope. Not this time. This thing hit with a fury that I've never seen before. It started with William. Then spread to Allison. Then to me. Then to Emma. Back to William. And then finally hit Billy. Bam! Bam!! Bam!!! I really don't want to relive the events, so I'll spare you any details. But I certainly think we're good for another year or more with no stomach flu.

And don't even get me started on how they treated Billy over it. He was literally mid-puke when his Sgt tells him he has no choice but to come in for formation. He could barely walk to the bathroom much less drive to post. But he tried anyway and almost passed out. So, he came home. He was so sick he didn't even care if he got in trouble over not being there. Yeah, it was that bad. And because he missed sick call and formation, he ended up having to spend the afternoon in the ER. Four hours. Yup. FOUR HOURS!!! I love the Army sometimes. But not today.

So now my house smells like a lysol factory. Bleach in every toilet. All the bedding in the hall to be washed... (and see this gets me on another topic. My washing machine has decided it won't do big blankets. I had a comforter in there - all by itself - and the thing wouldn't spin. So I had to drag a completey soaked full size comforter from the wash room into the kids bathroom and throw it in the bathtub. I mean, ugh.) So, tonight we're all exhausted from the long night and serious house de-funking. I have plenty more to do tomorrow. But for now... I'm going to bed. It'll still be there when I wake up.

No comments: