Friday, March 2, 2012

In like a Lion

Yesterday, I'm driving down the road (on post) on my way to the CYS "child youth services" to sign Allison up for track ~ that's a whole other story; I'll get to that in a minute ~ when my phone rings. It's Billy.
Billy:  Hey
Me: Hi
Billy: So I just had to meet with the Commander and she said I'm out. We have until Tuesday to get all our stuff packed and move.
Me: .................................
Billy: Hello?
Me: ..........................................
Billy: Becky, I'm just kidding. (and then proceeds to laugh hysterically!)

Have you ever had a moment when words just aren't enough. When all you want to do box his ears or flick him in the sensitive areas??? OMG! I was soooooo freaked out. So Not Funny!

But see, he did meet with the commander and it was because she wanted to have him sign the paperwork to release his flag and remove the bar from reenlistment. So AMEN!! Such a relief! And see no one really knows this, but for the last few days we've been thinking we weren't going to get to come home to TN and KY in April because A. his flag was still out there and B. because he was supposed to get into a driving class in March and they didn't have him on the roster. This basically meant that he was going to have to take the class in April which was smack dab in the middle of our trip. I was pretty much certain that we were going to have to wait until the summer to take our trip because he was going to have to take that class. And see, this is where the meeting with the commander could not have come at a better time. After she releases his flag and stuff she asks him if everything was going well. He didn't want to be a complainer after all the nonsense the past few months, so he just said "Eh, it's fine." So, she asks him if he was able to take the driving class and he said that he didn't get put on the roster for March and that he was disappointed. She asked him why they didn't sign him up, and he said he simply didn't know the answer to that. So she gets on the horn with the Sgt over the class scheduling and basically says, "get him in the class even if you have to call another company and put him with them." WHOO HOO! I'm kinda loving this commander. (leave it to a woman to get $#!* done... I'm just saying) All of this went down yesterday and the class starts Monday. So, that's a pretty awesome turn of events. Especially since we've been thinking for almost a week that we were going to have to tell our family not to expect us until July. So yay!
So the long and short of it... Billy is off his probation. And he finally got into the class that he kept getting bumped out of.

Now on to the woes of sport sign ups. Sigh.... Back in January when soccer sign-ups opened for our neighborhood, I was broke. Our budget was cut so thin, we had to wait until payday to sign up the kids for any sports. So by the time we show up to fill out the insane amount of paperwork just to have my kids kick a ball around for a couple months, the teams are all filled up for Allison's age group. William got in just fine. Allison's number 4 on the waiting list for soccer. Which means they just need one more coach to volunteer for the eight year olds. I kept thinking maybe... just maybe someone would drop out, move or another team would form and she could get to play. But apparently no such luck. So after a little bit of discussion, Allison decides she would do track and field instead. I call CYS and they say there is no wait and that I just need to come in and fill out the papers - hence my trip yesterday. But when I get there, I'm told that she is number 18 on the wait list. Angry doesn't begin to describe how I felt. UGH!!! Total waste of my time driving up there. Now, I just don't know what to do. She would have been fantastic at either of these sports. I just wish there was something else we could do. And no, I do not think I could coach. I already went down that nightmare about 6 years ago when I coach Emma's peewee cheer squad. I decided then and there that I would never ever ever ever ever EVER coach a kid sport again. Parents are friggin nuts when it comes to their children in competitve sports.

And here we are finally in March. The weather has been spectacular. Mid 70's and breezy. It's glorious!! I'm dying to take a drive to the beach soon. Maybe in the next couple weeks we can take off on a Saturday and drive down to Myrtle Beach for the day. That would be terrific. We've pretty much felt trapped since October. Well of course, me and the kids got to come home for my grandmother's funeral. But it was such a stressful time I didn't feel like we had much of a visit. I'd say we could go to the beach tomorrow, but my friend's husband just got back from a deployment this week and we are all going to celebrate and welcome him home. It's kind of weird that we've all gotten to know the girl so well and heard so much about her man, that to finally meet him... it's just cool I guess.
So, I'm off to the store to pick him up a welcome home gift and grab some groceries.

I sure do miss blogging. I need to make myself do this more often.

No comments: