Monday, March 5, 2012

Good news!

So I did actually get Allison onto the track team. We got a call this weekend and I'm very excited about this. She's always been such an athlete. And since there is no ball involved, she might actually be able to do this well! LOL! The only issue we are faced with now is getting her sports physical done and registering her officially and getting her new shoes and working her practice schedule around William's soccer schedule and then we'll eventually have games and meets which will likely all be on the same day and then trying to figure out a way to feed the family every night due to the fact that we'll likely be at some sort of practice here  or there or somewhere. Whew! I'm tired already!! But I don't have it near as bad. My neighbor had four kids - three of which are in separate sports and she is the coach of the 4 year olds soccer team. Lordy! I feel so sorry for her.
So, yeah... our friend's husband got back from his deployment and he seems to be fitting in well enough. I think he was a bit out of sorts for a while there at his welcome home party. I mean it would feel weird to have a welcome home party and not know a soul there. But he seemed to handle it OK.
And we filled out the leave request papers for our trip home. I'm seriously hoping this isn't the week that they were talking about going into the field. I wonder if he would get approved to miss that or not. Apparently 'going in the field' means camping out in a field and playing soldier for a week or so. Billy wonders why they would even need to do this. He is a cargo man. He loads and unloads stuff. He doesn't think he'll ever actually see any real action. But I think it would be fun to go camping like that. I could be wrong.
Speaking of going away for a week. Me and my coffee drinking friends have been pondering how we could take a long weekend and go to the beach. Just us gals. Just a mommy time out. It seriously sounds like a load of fun! I can only imagine all the men back home with all the kids. Oh man! I think I would have to "lose" my phone or it would be going off every six minutes. I just want to sit on the beach with my feet in the sand and read a book and laugh with all my friends. Oh well... we'll just have to see. It's wishful thinking at this point.
So yup... that's all I know for now.

No comments: