Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Moms know best

The gals on my street have become very important to me. I love them all and can't think of any way I'd have made it through this Army life if it weren't for them. We've certainly had our fun!! I feel like I'm back in college sometimes.
And now that we've all gotten to know each other so well, I thought it was time we start to grow with each other as well. Well, really my mother and Lady on the Corner's mom planted the seed and asked that we start living a more spirit filled life. So, we've started a bible study / devotional/ prayer group... not really sure how to label it yet. But we're starting this tomorrow. I'm Super Excited about it. I just don't know how to prepare for it. I feel as though there are a couple of us who could lead the group since we're probably more comfortable with that type of thing. So, I just pray we are able to create a place where the women on our street can come together and start to build each other up. Bring some positive words and ideas into our heads. Especially since so many of the husbands are going to be leaving us here alone, it is a good idea to have this support system. Not that we aren't already a support system, but have one with a higher guardian is much more effective and comforting.
Not only that, but we need to bring each other encouragement on how to raise our kids right. On how to be better wives. Better friends. Better women. I'm sure this is what I need for my own self, and I hope that by including these wonderful women on my journey, we can all bring something out of it.

I just pray we do.

No comments: