Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Book Club

So, yeah several months ago we started a book club. Me and two other ladies... Lady on the Corner and KT. We invited a few to join and a couple have, but the group has mainly consisted of four. We take turns picking a book and then have a month to read. The lady who picks the book has to host the monthly meeting where we sit around and discuss... It's been fun and even though we've started to fizzle out over the holidays... I think we're getting back on track with the new year. We've read everything from sappy romances, to questionable romances, to massive astroids wiping out the planet creating a new reign on cannibals, to southern women cooking, and even some crazy people stuck in a hotel for the winter. Oh yes, and we did read some vampire and ghost fiction as well. All good stuff.
Our newest book is a zombie thriller. Not my cup of tea, but I've committed and will therefore read it. Heck, I might even love it!! I'm trying to come up with a book for when it's my turn in a couple months. I always like to do a theme to my hosting. For example when we read Fried Green Tomatoes, I served fried green tomatoes. When we read Cannibal Reign, I helped prepare finger sandwiches. When we read The Shining, I made a rum cake - out of real rum and I'll never make another rum cake ever.

No comments: