Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What have I done??

Well... I decided to start the master's program. Yup... I'm back in school! Well, I will be in about a week. I just don't know what to think about this. But I did it and there's no turning back now! I guess since William is in school for a couple hours every morning, I just needed something to fill in those hours and since I can't sit still and be quiet for that long... I figured "Go back to school!" So, here we go! I remember doing school last time and how I needed this blog to kind of keep the sanity to vent out my day to clear my head before I could start on school work. Maybe this will get me motivated to keep up this blog. Who knows... I always have the intention of writing something but then never do.

So I guess you want a recap of the past couple of months...

My baby boy started school. It broke my heart to see how big (yet tiny) he was as he walked in the school gym that morning and sit on the gym floor with all of his fellow pre-schoolers. For just a brief moment I saw a flash of anxiety shadow his little precious face, but then as quickly as it was there - it was gone. Now, he's been going for three days and though he fought me this morning about getting dressed ("I don't WANT to go to school!!"), he seems to be doing very well! I've got to make sure he stops pushing his friends... according to the teacher. I have no doubt he is. But we had a talk about it.

Allison is Allison. She fell off her bike about a week ago and managed to rip the skin off her knee in true kid fashion. Bless her heart. She won't hardly walk on the leg. It's nuts. But she started 4th grade and is doing spendidly. We've decided she is the "child whisperer." She can write out a little script, enlist some three and four year olds as actors, rehearse and then perform these incredibly adorable plays for the parents. Not even lying when I say it was the cutest thing I've ever seen!! Not only that, but when she is around the little kids, she just has this way of making them get along and some how keeps their attention for an incredibly long time.

Emma started middle school. Emma started beginning band. Emma started cheerleading. Emma is starting to grow up a little too fast. It's like she is just this little woman child. And soooo pretty! I mean it! She is going to be (and kinda sorta already is) a true knock out! My struggle now is to keep her as humble as possible for as long as possible. She is dying to wear make up and I simply refuse. But she doesn't need it anyway. She's gorgeous. Like, how in the world did she get such perfectly straight teeth?? Lord knows that isn't a gene Billy and I passed down. Thank goodness that blue hair dye she put in about three months ago is finally starting to wash out. ugh.

Billy? Well, let me sum up Army life over the past two months. "Did anyone tell you that you have to do this thing today?" "no,sir." "Well, today you are going to do this." "ok" "No, nevermind, you're going to do that tomorrow." "Ok." "Well, really you probably need to do it today." "ok" "Well now you can't do it today because too many other people are doing it." "ok" "So, do it tomorrow." "Ok" "Well that is full and you can't do it tomorrow either. So you're going to do it next month." "Ok" (next month) "Sir, I need to do that thing you told me to do last month." "Well, why are you telling me, PRIVATE! Who do you think you're talking to? Don't you think I know what you're supposed to do and when to do it?" and then he never gets to do that thing at all. Sometimes I hate the Army.

As for me... Well, other than cleaning, applying for masters programs, and hanging out with friends... not too much has been going on. Ok I lied... I did have to go back home to bury my dad's parents. It was hard to digest that I lost three grandparents in a six month span. But there you have it. I did. And even though I will miss them, it was really great to get to go home and spend some time with my dad.

So there you go... a recap. I've got lots more to share and maybe I can do that soon. But I want to tell about my book club, Billy's job, and other things. Hopefully, I'll get back on here and keep this up now that I'll be back in school. back in school. Good grief... what have I done?

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

Welcome back (hopefully)! I had been starting to wonder if you were going to post anything in the next little bit. Way to go on starting your Masters! Hopefully we will hear (or read rather) more from you soon :)