Monday, June 4, 2012

I confess

OK... confession time. Growing up, I had this horrible condition. I would pee my pants every time I laughed just really hard. As I've grown up, I don't do this anymore. I have one exception with this... and that is when my mother and my sister and I all get together... we ultimately laugh until I pee or someone starts coughing so hard they can't breathe - usually both. But like I said, this doesn't happen often. I have two theories for this... A, my bladder has gotten over its malfunction. And B, I just don't laugh like a crazy person anymore. UNTIL.... this weekend. I love my friends here. And boy howdy do they make me laugh!!! Saturday night, Lady on the Corner, Georgia Peach, KT and myself sat on my front porch swing playing Apples to Apples and had the absolute most fun. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time. But my secret was quickly revealed that my bladder likes to join in the fun when it gets that intense. So... secrets out. I'm a wetter! I am confessing to the world! Trust me, I don't care at this point. I really don't.

There's a lot of things that I've started not caring about. Like I stopped caring what people think about me. I do not have any reason why I should hide the fact that I got a tattoo about a month ago. *smile* This wasn't a spur of the moment decision. It was a commitment ceremony for Billy and I. Or at least that's how I'm looking at it. Since we've joined the Army, our marriage has been stronger and better than ever before. And I just wanted to show my complete commitment to him. And he did the same for me. He also permanently inked himself. They aren't matching tattoos. But I got the girly version and he got the more manly one. Since we are both music lovers, we went with the music theme. Mine is a heart made out of a treble clef and a bass clef. (he's the bass and I'm the treble) I wanted to get three little eighth notes around it to represent the kids, but the guy who did mine couldn't draw a music note to save his life - thinking maybe he's in the wrong profession but whatever. So I'll add those later. Billy's is the two clefs together down the middle of his forearm. His looks awesome! So, there you go. Another confession!

I also need to confess, that I'm addicted to Pandora radio. Specifically, the Broadway Showtunes station. I have been singing with my whole heart over some West Side Story, Les Miserable, Cats, A Chorus Line, Chicago... even William joins in. The other day I heard his playing in his room singing, "And ALL... THAT... JAAAAZZZZZ!" Love that kid!! Even Emma got into it. When she heard the Hairspray tunes, she ran to her room and added the station to her list. yay!

While we're at it... I'll add one more. And this isn't my confession to add. But Billy's been a closet smoker for um... many years. And a month ago tomorrow he will have been completely smoke free! He went to this class offered on post and got put on some meds and even though he's struggling every day... he hasn't smoked and is doing really good. EXCEPT... he's putting on some pounds from all this. I hope this is just temporary. He can't get big like he used to be. That won't be good.

Speaking of Billy... this whole "it's gonna suck eggs" schedule that they kept shoving at his unit a while back... yes it is still gonna suck eggs, but not as much. Looks like they're trying to give him a couple days off here and there and maybe cut back the shifts to 8 hours. So, we'll see. I'm not as exctied or upset anymore. He still comes home and eats dinner... but he's not loving it all that great. I mean they're still outside in this horrible heat - all. day. long.  So what do you do?

Lastly... if school doesn't get out soon, I'm going to pull my hair out. So ready for summer. Now... in about two months... I'm sure I'll be saying the opposite. But there you go.


No comments: